28 January 2009

SAPL 23 Things: Cosa Numero 22

An exercise in hatred and love.

I pretty much despise NetLibrary. I think it's a fantastic resource but one I would not use personally. I'm just not an e-books gal. The techie revolution is not a bad thing in my mind. I love printing out online articles so I don't have to mess with a copy machine. I love listening to audio books that I can easily download. I will *not* read a book online. I would read it too fast and not really absorb as much as I would on the printed page. So yeah. Maybe I could deal with DailyLit but no NetLibrary for me.

Overdrive, however, is a blessing. Yes, it's clunky, and yes, the titles aren't always the best, but I *luv* listening to books while cooking/cleaning/driving. When sick, I just download one of those babies and press play. Oh, it's glorious.

I continue to be an Overdrive fan. In fact, it's my goal to listen to at least 9 titles this year, as part of a self-imposed 9 books in 9 categories in 2009 scheme, thanks to the folks over in Children's. Upon checking my trusty GoodReads account, I can see that I've already done 2 this year: The Dairy Queen, which is fabulous, and Something Rotten, which is based on Hamlet, so it's also pretty good.