25 January 2009

SAPL 23 Things: Cosa Numero 13

I can see why social bookmarking is hot. I really do. I just haven't caught on to it. A year or two ago, a friend sent me an invitation to use StumbleUpon. A few months ago, another friend sent a pretty wonderful bundle of links. Eh. To this day, I haven't done anything with Delicious or StumbleUpon. It's useful. It's informative. It's easy to use. I still ignore it.

However, poking around websites led me this fabulous Nancy Pearl Flickr album. I feel like a bit of a tool for becoming her latest fangirl but I simply bask in her glorious author podcasts. And hey, she got an action figure made by simply being awesome and not kicking ass in the literal sense. Go Nancy!

I have to say, though, I love that first video on the 23 Things site explaining social bookmarking. It does a beautiful job of making the whole aspect of tagging not confusing.