22 January 2009

SAPL 23 Things: Cosa Numero 2

I realize that I have a little over a week to learn what the 23 Things should have taught me for the past 2 months, but I'm a late bloomer and I can make more time for this now. So here I am, a student of... good stuff, for lack of a better term at the mo.

As I get older I realize that I'm a bigger nerd than I could have imagined. I'm a lifelong learner, baby! So here are the 7.5 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners.

1. Begin with the end in mind.
2. Accept responsibility in your own learning.
3. View problems as challenges.
4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner.
5. Create your own learning toolbox.
6. Use technology to your advantage.
7. Teach and mentor others.
7.5. Play!

I have to admit, #3 may be the hardest for me. I feel like I'm not a sourpuss when it comes to problems but it would be pretty sweet to look a problem in the eye the way Clint Eastwood might. Ha ha.

As for what comes easiest, I'd say it's a tie between #5 and #6. I do seek out filler for my "toolbox" through research and trial and error. I do have a book, mp3 player, GPS, and mobile phone internet pretty much wherever I go. I also am having a blast with technology. I'm currently enamoured with downloaded audiobooks and library podcasts. I think I might have to be a Nancy Pearl fangirl!