29 March 2009

Road Map:: Seguin and Corpus Christi, TX

a) Seguin - Guadalupe County Public Library
Seguin, TX (06.06.08)

Scandalous, I know. Showing that much skin in a library pic. You know what's even more shocking? The fact that, at the time of this visit, MySpace was not allowed on *any* of the computers. Yup, it's blocked completely, as if all patrons were still in high school. Granted, I don't know the story that goes with this decision, but I don't understand why they couldn't provide even one computer for this. Surely it's not a bandwidth issue.

They did, however, have a copy of Yasmina Khadra's The Swallows of Kabul. It's easily the most depressing book I've ever read. Easily. I had to read a chapter a week, it made me so emotional. And yet it has one of my favorite quotes:

"In love, even beasts are divine."

b) Corpus Christi Public Library
Corpus Christi, TX (06.20.08)

Believe it or not, this was my first trip to Corpus, home of Selena and the beach. I was surprised to find that the library does not have a teen librarian at all, and I'm sure that hasn't changed, given the current economic depression. The staff was uber friendly and helpful, though.

c) Cafe Maya Restaurant

This is the first time I sneak a restaurant experience into my jumpy entries, but oh!

The margaritas!

The salsa!
The chips and salsa!

My svelte Mexican figure! (Ha ha. :D)

And I couldn't leave Corpus Christi without a Facebook profile pic of me and the water.
Libr'ry roads, take me home.