06 April 2009

YA Lit:: A - Z Reading Challenge

And she can't be stopped. By "she," I mean me, of course.

Through Twitter I found @yalitgoodbadugly, a vivacious teacher-to-be who is really into YA lit. Looking through her blog, I found yet another reading challenge that called my name-- the one where you read books with titles starting with every letter in the alphabet! I'm on it, baby.

Popularity Scale:
So Five Minutes Ago-- Personality Quizzes
In-- Reading Challenges!

My tweaking of the rules for this: I'm including both YA and children's titles read in 2009.

Et voila!

A.
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol. 1: The Pox Party
, M.T. Anderson
Are You Ready to Play Outside?, Mo Willems
Awkward and Definition, Ariel Schrag
Abandon the Old in Tokyo, Yoshihiro Tatsumi

B.
Batman and the Outsiders: The Chrysalis, Chuck Dixon
Batman: The Killing Joke, Alan Moore
Bad Kitty, Nick Bruel

C.
Chester
, Melanie Watt
The Cat's Tale: Why the Years Are Named After Animals, Doris Orgel
The Cardboard Piano, Lynne Rae Perkins

D.
Dad Runs Away with the Circus, Etgar Keret
Dairy Queen
, Catherine Gilbert Murdock

E.
Emiko Superstar, Mariko Tamaki

F.
--

G.
--

H.
--

I.
Inubaka (vols. 6 & 7), Yukiya Sakuragi
Into the Woods - Warriors Tigerstar and Sasha (vol. 1), Erin Hunter

J.
Janes in Love, Cecil Castellucci
Japan Ai: A Tall Girl's Adventures in Japan, Aimee Steinberger Major

K.
--

L.
Love Roma (vol. 3), Minoru Toyoda
Loveless (vol. 1), Yun Kouga
Life Sucks, Jessica Abel

M.
--

N.
--

O.
Ouran High School Host Club (vol. 1), Bisco Hatori

P.
Plain Janes, Cecil Castellucci;
The Possibilities of Sainthood, Donna Freitas

Q.
--

R.
The Return of the Killer Cat, Anne Fine
The Rules of Survival, Nancy Werlin

S.
Something Rotten, Alan M. Gratz
Skim, Mariko Tamaki
Scaredy Squirrel, Melanie Watt
Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach, Melanie Watt
Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire, Kimberly Pauley

T.
Tales of Beedle the Bard, J.K. Rowling

U.
--

V.
A Visitor for Bear
, Bonny Becker

W.
Watchmen, Alan Moore
When Randolph Turned Rotten, Charise Mericle Harper

X.
--

Y.
--

Z.
--

For the record, this is a reading challenge I don't mind leaving unfinished at the end of the year. I mean, am I really gonna find a book that begins with 'X'? We shall see...