05 April 2009

YA Lit:: 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge

And 'cos I'm a tool like that, I'm embarking on another reading challenge (in conjunction with my 999 Reading Challenge). This one is relatively simple, though.

Just read 12 young adult novels. One a month. Easy as petting my lovable kitten. Depending on his mood. Sometimes he's a little punk. But sometimes he's like buttah.

Thanks, J. Kaye, for inspiring me to add to my reading pile.

The trick to this one, I think, is reading actual novels the old school way. As in, no downloadable audio books. Just my eyeballs for seeing, my brain for interpreting, and my fingers for turning pages. Oh yeah.

...

Aw man. This is harder than I thought. So far, these are the ones that qualify.
  1. The Possibilities of Sainthood by Donna Freitas


  2. Sucks To Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire by Kimberly Pauley


Is this possible? Of the 40 books I've inhaled this year, I only read 2 YA novels? I mean, 22 of those 40 have been YA books, but they've been audio books or graphic novels or manga...

Wow. I need to get on the ball with my old-style reading self.