04 January 2008

Road Map:: Quakertown, Perkasie, Center Valley, Allentown, and Bethlehem, PA

Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!
Feliz Año Nuevo!
Happy New Year!

Here's to a productive and creative year filled with satisfaction in all endeavors, both personal and work-related. It's a tall order, I know, but if we're going to do it, might as well do it now. :D

My friends and I drove around eastern Pennsylvania in search of fabulous libraries the day after Christmas. For the first time since I started my Jumpy Picture Project this summer, I managed to get pix of multiple people participating in the madness-- as in, being captured in front of a library in mid-air. Ah, teamwork! Have you ever tried to take a picture of more than one person jumping in unison? Sure, the High School Musical kids make it look easy, but without a trampoline...

When we finally got our timing act together, we did successfully take pictures of all of us off the ground. I admit, we didn't stop taking pictures till we got the perfect unison pic, but I find the flawed "group practice drafts" much more endearing. So I posted those instead.

a) Bucks County Free Library James A. Michener Branch
Quakertown, PA (12.26.07)

When we visit libraries, we do not always have the time to go in and socialize with the librarians there. Here, though, we went to the reference desk out of necessity and were warmly welcomed. It gave me that warm fuzzy feeling that we library folk aspire to create...


b) Bucks County Free Library Samuel Pierce Branch
Perkasie, PA (12.26.07)

Oh, my poor darling husband. Not only does he print out maps of libraries, drive me around, and become one with my camera, he is also now forced to be in pictures with me. We took quite a few, but this one cracks me up because of his sheer height from the ground and the way his left hand cramped from the effort.


c) Southern Lehigh Public Library
Center Valley, PA (12.26.07)

There is really nothing much to report about this library, except that the restrooms were fabulous and the Friends of the Library had their own area towards the entrance for selling goodies. I would have bought a t-shirt if the material had been of better quality.


d) Allentown Public Library
e) Bethlehem Area Public Library
Allentown and Bethlehem, PA (12.26.07)

"Well we're living here in Allentown / And they're closing all the factories down /
Out in Bethlehem they're killing time / Filling out forms / Standing in line"
--Billy Joel

Ain't no mountain high enough. Snow and rainy conditions did not stop us from reaching our destinations in Allentown and Bethlehem, though it did make picture-taking a bit more difficult. By the time we finished taking the picture in Bethlehem, it was getting dark (which leads to fuzzy pictures with my camera) and it was time for some grub.


Still, not bad for one day's worth of library trails...