25 October 2009

YA Lit:: 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge Part Quatre

The premise to this book challenge is simple. Just read 12 young adult novels. I've interpreted this 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge as a means to entice me to read more YA novels, the old school way. No audio books, no downloads, nothing. Just my eyes on the page. Aw yeah.

This challenge hasn't been revisited since June, so I have a few books to add, fortunately. This brings my tally to 12 books, meaning I finished the challenge on October 8th. YAY! As usual, the new titles are in italics.

Reasons why each novel below was chosen for this challenge:
  • It was recommended.
  • I'd been meaning to read it for awhile.
  • I had an autographed copy.
  • It was a book written by a friend.
In any case, I'm really pleased to see variety of plots, but especially characters. Some of different ethnicities and sexual orientations. Some with supernatural powers and some without. Some that are horny, some that are funny, and others that have been forced into scathingly horrific situations. Some are just sweet. Many are memorable.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to do these challenges again next year. (I also did a 999 Reading Challenge and an A-Z Reading Challenge. Click on the challenge tag below for more info.) I like showing off the books I've read but this much structure can be hard put up with. Eh. I'll think about it.
  1. The Possibilities of Sainthood by Donna Freitas


  2. Sucks To Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire by Kimberly Pauley


  3. Luna by Julie Anne Peters


  4. Deep in the Heart of High School by Veronica Goldbach


  5. Secret Keeper by Mitali Perkins


  6. Absolutely, Positively Not by David LaRochelle

  7. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


  8. Teach Me by R.A. Nelson


  9. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


  10. The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer


  11. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins


  12. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins